How to be a swim teacher? There are 2 ways to be a swim teacher in Singapore. The first way is to enrol in AUSTSwim or SSTA swimming teacher course and the other way is to enrol with NROC. First thing first, you must be able to swim at least 3 strokes. Best if you know more strokes the better.
Difference between AUSTSWIM/ ASTA vs NROC is that AUSTSWIM/ASTA can only teach in Condominum Pool or Club, Whereas NROC can teach Both Condominum, Club and Public pool.
Below are some of the useful link for you to take into consideration when you want to be a swim teacher.
- HOW TO BE AN NROC COACH
- PATHWAY TO BECOME A NROC SWIM COACH WITH USAGE PERMIT TO TEACH AT PUBLIC POOL
- NROC SWIMMING COACHING APPLICATION/ COURSE
- AUSTSWIM COACH APPLICATION (TEACH CONDOMINUM POOL ONLY)
- SINGAPORE SWIMMING TEACHER ASSOCIATION (SSTA) COACH APPLICATION (TEACH CONDOMINIUM POOL ONLY)
For swimming graduate in Austswim or NROC who wishes to look for attachment, Kindly email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp him at 91375141.
If you would like to seek clarification on how to be a swimming coach, you may email me as well. Coach Raymond will be willing to help.
Challenges Faced as a Swim Teacher
- Have to brave the weather regardless rain or shine
- Sometimes the water get cold during winter time
- Pressure from student’s parents who expect the child to improve faster than expected
- Thinks of ways to make swimming fun and productive
- Lessons planning from start to end
7 ways a swim coach can improve his knowledge and practical coaching
- By watching video on instructional coaching
- Watching the best practise from other coaches
- Learn from a mentor
- Attend Stroke Clinic regularly
- Group discussion among coaches
- Keep trying new way of coaching- Be creative
- Keep an open mind and keep learning.
Why is it important to get a coaching licence?
- A coaching credential serves to communicate these standards with no uncertainty. Our clients can feel secure in knowing that their credentialed coach brings credibility, training, experience and excellence to the coaching relationship.
- Chances of success increases by owning a coaching certification. According to many professional coaches, coaching certification helps you to attract more clients. In this way, there are better chances to achieve success in your coaching business. Such coaches are also less likely to drop out of their professions.
- Client are more confident and trust your coaching creditability