Coaches resources FAQ
The SwimSafer 2.0 Recertification Course will be made available from 25 Nov 2020 onwards.
As this is an inaugural course and in line with providing continued support to the coaching industry, we are offering a one-time waiver of course fees to encourage take-up by existing coaches to ensure sustainable coaching development.
The Recertification Course will comprise two parts:
(a) Part 1 consists of key components of the course identified that are critical to ensure coaches are well-equipped and updated to continue conduct of SwimSafer lessons, to be completed by 31 Dec 2020 through online means:
(1) Online Module Notes and Self Quiz – At your own time
(2) Virtual Learning via Zoom – 4 hour module
(b) Part 2 consists of additional skills of class management that will facilitate smooth and effective conduct of courses, to be completed by 31 Dec 2021 through practical means:
- Practical Lesson – 8 hour session
- Practical Assessment – 2 hour session
Completion of both parts of the course within the stated dates is compulsory.
Do note that CCE hours will not be provided for this Recertification Course.
To be eligible for the course, you have to first register under TeachSSA as per the document attached: teachssareg_steps.pdf.
TeachSSA Registration Steps
- To register, head to https://www.swimming.org.sg
- Click on Memberships -> Aquatic Membership Portal
- You will be redirected to Singapore Swimming Association Aquatics Membership Portal
- Click “Register” to register as a new member
- Set up your account
- Select Registration Type
- For TeachSSA, choose Registration Type as “TeachSSA”
- Use promo code “TEACHSSA100” for free membership, valid till 31 Dec 2021
- Club Selection
- Select your club (if applicable)
- Proceed to complete the form with the necessary details. You will have to fill in all required fields and checkboxes before submitting.
- After submission, you will be presented with a confirmation page
- If not. Repeat steps 4 to 6
- Check your email for Log In details. You will be required to set your password via the given link
- You will be directed to a new page to set your password.
- Submit once done
- Log in via the member “login” on the top right corner of the page
Once you have signed up as a member, you can then proceed to register for the course as per document: course_registration.pdf
Course Registration Steps:
- Log in on the website via the member’s login. https://www.revolutionise.sg/sgswim/home/
- Click on “Courses” to see available Courses and their sessions
- Selecting an open Course will allow you to see more details and register
- Click on “Register” to confirm registration and submit
- Upon submission, you will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email
- If you do not see this page, registration was not completed.
- Please repeat Step 4
- If you face an issue registering, check your membership status
- Courses are open to selected membership status. This can be found under your profile
- Upon completion of the course, you will receive:
- A downloadable online certificate via email
- Accreditation status can be found in your profile
The TeachSSA membership is given to you free of charge for the duration of this recertification course. It is used to allow us to help track your progress through the course. At the same time, we will also issue the certificate of participation through the platform.
Once you complete the online sessions, you will get a 1 year extension of your SwimSafer licence. When you complete the practical component, your licence will then be fully extended will December 2023.
Do refer to the attached documents for more information regarding the registration and recertification process.
If you have any enquiries, please email us at the following email addresses:
For extension of licence, policy requests, Usage Permit matters: email@example.com
For Recertification Course, TeachSSA membership: TeachSSA@swimming.org.sg
READ MORE FOR INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
The extension period would be one year from your usage permit date of expiry. For example, if your membership expires on 30 Jun 2020, the new expiry date would be 30 Jun 2021. Read more here.
NROC- National Registar of Coaches need to be renewed every few years. Here are the link.
The first aid course with AED cert are valid up to 2 years only. Every 2 years you need to renew. Here are the list of approved first aids course by activesg that you can attend.
View this table for reference.
After you complete any learning activity, please upload any screenshots of your course completion (e.g. e-certificate), or record and upload any reflection from your learning (self-guided), or online via SportSync (www.sportsync.sg) under your CCE section of your coach profile, so that we can award you the CCE hours accordingly. You would need to have an ActiveSG account (registration can be done in SportSync itself) or SingPass in order to login to SportSync.
For technical assistance related to SportSync or ActiveSG:
Technical Issues relating to SportSync – https://www.sportsync.sg/app/Login/Contact
Technical Issies relating to ActiveSG – firstname.lastname@example.org | 6594 1388 | 07:00 – 22:00 (Mon – Sun)
Ensure you have the following:
- Proof of NROC provisional or full membership.
- For full NROC members, a copy of your certificate of attendance for the Values and Principles in Sports (VSP) workshop.
- Register with this link.
Try this link to search for the answer you want.