Swimsafer stage 1 is the First step to swimsafer program out of the 6 stages. Learner will learn about water safety and pool rules and regulation, and be familar with the pool environment and pool depth. Learner are encourage to go for a pool tour on their first day of lesson to ensure they have a better understanding for their well being and water safety. Water Safety has to be embedded in our mind and take care of one another.
Swimsafer 2.0 Stage 1 Skills Assessment
Sequence 1A: (with or without goggles)
- Slide-in entry method
- 5 meter swimming on the back (Supine) and able to Stand Up (Recover)
- Submerge the head in water with open eyes, blow bubbles, and identify object in the pool
- Perform a front float (Prone) for 5 sec and Stand Up (Recover)
- Perform back float (Supine) for 5 sec and Stand Up (Recover)
- Swim 10m on the front using any stroke.
- Signal distress and call for help
- Grasp float and float fo 10 sec
- Move to pool’s edge (with float)
- Exit using ladder/climb out from pool edge
Sequence 1B: (w/o goggles)
Dress in swimwear, t-shirt and short:
- Wear a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) and jump into water
- Float for 30 seconds
- Climb out of water safely
Learning Outcome (Swimsafer 2.0 Stage 1)
- Student will be able to submerge head in water
- Understand & Perform the right bubbling technique with confident
- Open eye in water without goggle
- Able to do prone and supine float with recovery (Stand up)
- Understand the functions of limbs and propulsion movement in Swimming
- Know about water safety rules and regulations.
- Understand the importance of wearing a life jacket when doing any aquatic activities.
- Able to identify and react to emergency, eg how to shout for help
- Recognizing the lifeguards