Water Safety is Everyone’s Responsible, so that a Safe & Fun Learning Experience is Possible. “AQZOG Coach.
This is the First step toward swimsafer program out of the 6 stages. Learner will learn about water safety and pool rules and regulation, and be familiar with the pool environment and pool depth. Learner are encourage to go for a pool tour on their first day of lesson to ensure they have a better understanding for their well being and water safety. Water Safety has to be embedded in our mind and take care of one another, watch out for one another so as to provide a fun learning environment. Noticed also that in swimsafer stage 1, they empathize on Slide in- Feet First Entry and Exit, Water Safety, Pool Rules, Class Rule, Buoyancy, Basic coordination, breathe control to prepare them for aquatic readiness.
Swimsafer 2.0 Stage 1 Skills Assessment
Sequence 1A: (with or without goggles)
- Slide-in entry method
- 5 meter swimming on the back (Supine) and able to Stand Up (Recover)
- Submerge the head in water with open eyes, blow bubbles, and identify object in the pool
- Perform a front float (Prone) for 5 sec and Stand Up (Recover)
- Perform back float (Supine) for 5 sec and Stand Up (Recover)
- Swim 10m on the front using any stroke.
- Signal distress and call for help
- Grasp float and float fo 10 sec
- Move to pool’s edge (with float)
- Exit using ladder/climb out from pool edge
Sequence 1B: (w/o goggles)
Dress in swimwear, t-shirt and short:
- Wear a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) and jump into water
- Float for 30 seconds
- Climb out of water safely
Expectation for Swimsafer Stage 1
- Getting used wet face
- Able to submerge head and perform bubbling
- Good posture of balancing with a kickboard and kicking
- Able to wear a life jacket and jump in deep water without panic.
Swimsafer Quiz Answers
Send download link to:
Swimsafer Stage 1 Certificate
Successful participant will receive an E Certificate of Swimsafer Stage 1 upon passing of the Swimsafer Practical Test.
Swimsafer Theory Test Portal
SwimSafer participants are required to complete the SwimSafer Quiz and achieve 80% to pass the test with unlimited attempts.
Register here for the test. Only then your child will be able to do the Swimsafer quiz from the portal.
The E-Certificate can only be generated upon passing both the Swimsafer Practical Test and Swimsafer Theory Test.
Learning Outcome (Swimsafer 2.0Stage 1)
- Student will be able to submerge head in water
- Understand & Perform the right bubbling technique with confident
- Open eye in water without goggle
- Able to do prone and supine float with recovery (Stand up)
- Understand the functions of limbs and propulsion movement in Swimming
- Know about water safety rules and regulations.
- Understand the importance of wearing a life jacket when doing any aquatic activities.
- Able to identify and react to emergency, eg how to shout for help
- Recognizing the lifeguards
Swim Lesson Plan for Swimsafer Stage 1
|Activities/ Exercise (At Shallow Pool)||Teaching Points for Swimsafer Stage 1||Organisation||Duration|
|Pool Familiarization||Know the House Rules, Pool Hygiene, Do & Dont||All together||5 mins|
|Entry/Exit pool||Proper Pool Entry and Exit safely||One by One||10 min|
|Head Submerging with demo||Bubbling- Inhale, Hold, Exhale- Nose/Mouth||All together||8 mins|
|Basic Floating||Floating (Prone/Supine)||One by One||12 mins|
|Seated Kick Action (Freestyle)||Relax, Toe in, move from hip, splash at toe||All together||5 mins|
|Stand- Float- Stand||Able to recover from floating with/wo assist||One by One||5 Mins|
View Some of our Swim lesson Plan
- Swim Lesson Plan for Swimsafer Stage 2
- Advantages of Swim lesson plan here.