The table above is the actual test to be conducted during the assessment for Swimsafer Stage 2. (Updated for Year 2023).
- Swim 25m on front crawl or breaststroke
- Swim 15m on back/ Supine
Survival Sequence 2A (w/o goggles)
- Step-in Entry
- Front float for 10 sec keeping still
- Swim 5m on front, rollover and continue. Purpose of this drills is to allow you to change position without assist.
- Swim 5m on back
- Back float for 10 sec
- Scull, float and tread water for 30 sec. Hint: using breast stroke kick is easier to tread water.
- In chest-deep water, perform feet-first surface dive and recovers an object. Hint: Open your eye in water without goggle.
- Resurface and exit safely from water
Survival Sequence 2B (w/o goggles)
Dress in swimwear, t-shirt and shorts:
- Swim 15m using any survival stroke
- Swim to pool edge and climb out
- Fit a PFD and jump into 1.4m deep water
- Swim 25m with PFD and climb out of water
Swimsafer Quiz Answers
Send download link to:
Swimsafer Stage 2 Certificate
Successful applicant will receive an E Certificate of Swimsafer Stage 2 upon passing of the Swimsafer Practical Test and the Swimsafer 2.0 Quiz.
Swimsafer Theory Test Portal
Swimsafer participant are required to complete the Swimsafer Quiz and achieve 80% to pass the test with unlimited attempts.
Register your Swimsafer Test with us to do your Swimsafer 2.0 Quiz.
The E-Certificate can only be generated upon passing both the Swimsafer Practical Test and Swimsafer Theory Test.
Learning outcome for Swimsafer 2.0 Stage 2
- Master at least 2 strokes either Freestyle/ Backstroke or Breaststroke/ Survival Back
- Able to open eye in water without goggle
- Able to jump into deep pool without support and perform a back float
- Able to swim back to wall from a distance without support.
- About to pick up object in a 1m to 1.2m depth.
- Good and improved bubbling technique
Swimsafer Stage 2 Swim Lesson Plan
Here we highlight one of the swim session on Swimsafer Stage 2 to give you an idea about doing it. This is just one of the suggested method to train your child/ student.
|Activities/ Exercise||Teaching Points for Swimsafer Stage 2||Organisation||Duration|
|Step in Entry||Face pool during step in. Do not turn while step in else chin hit pool edge cause injury. Do with caution.||One bye one||10 mins|
|Kickboard kicking||Relax, toe in, up down movement, feet together, move from hips||All together||8 min|
|2 in 1 Floating||Prone- Supine- Prone- Supine with kicking||All together||10 mins|
|Basic Water Treading||Using easiest method to float for 10sec, 15 sec then 30 sec. Group to count sec, Play game scene||One by One||12 mins|
|Arm action||Entry, Pull, Push, Exit of arm action||All together||3 mins|
|Seated Sculling practice||Move arm around the water for 2 mins||All together||2 Mins|