Water Safety drawing competition is now closed. We have announced the winners as shown below.
Information about Drawing Competition
- Winner will each received a battery operated penguin toy. A sms will be send to you for the date of collection. Congratulation.
Winners of the Water Safety Drawing Competition
5 advantages of water safety drawing
- Increased Awareness: A drawing competition on water safety for children can help raise awareness about the importance of water safety. Children who participate in such competitions are likely to learn about water safety rules and guidelines, such as the importance of wearing a life jacket, not swimming alone, and being aware of water currents.
- Encourage Creativity: Drawing competitions encourage creativity, which can be beneficial for children’s cognitive and emotional development. By participating in a water safety drawing competition, children can express their ideas and imagination in a fun and engaging way.
- Improved Safety Skills: Drawing competitions on water safety can help children develop important safety skills that can be applied in real-life situations. Through their drawings, children can learn about the dangers of swimming in certain areas, how to identify unsafe water conditions, and what to do in case of an emergency.
- Promotes Healthy Competition: Drawing competitions can help children develop healthy competitive attitudes, which can motivate them to improve their skills and abilities. In a water safety drawing competition, children can learn from each other’s ideas and techniques, which can inspire them to work harder and be more creative.
- Community Involvement: Drawing competitions can also help foster community involvement and engagement. Parents, teachers, and community members can participate in judging the drawings, creating a sense of collaboration and support for the children’s efforts. Additionally, water safety drawing competitions can bring attention to the importance of water safety in the community, which can encourage more people to take an active role in promoting water safety.
What is International Water Safety Day (15th May) about?
International Water Safety Day is an annual observance held on May 15th to raise awareness about the importance of water safety and to promote drowning prevention. The day aims to educate people around the world on the risks associated with water-related activities and to encourage the adoption of safer behaviors and practices around water.
Drowning is a leading cause of accidental death worldwide, and many of these incidents could be prevented with greater awareness and education. International Water Safety Day seeks to highlight this issue and to provide individuals and communities with the knowledge and tools they need to stay safe in and around water.
The day is marked by various events and activities, including water safety demonstrations, swimming lessons, community outreach programs, and fundraising campaigns for water safety initiatives. It is an opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds to come together and work towards a common goal of preventing drownings and promoting water safety. Read more here.