Send Calendar link to:
Are you looking for swim lessons in Singapore? Do you feel exhausted after swimming a short distance? Do you wish to be like those that keep swimming lap after lap without feeling tired? And if you are intending to take part in Biathlon or Triathlon, you are required to swim at least 800m to 1500m for the event. AQZOG Swim School is here to help. It would be your preferred choice if you are looking to perfect your strokes and swim proficiency for you and your family or anyone you feel they deserve the best. In fact this could also be one of the best gift that money cannot buy…… to become swimable.
Swimming requires good technique, good skills habit and posture. Swimming is about understanding physic and science and understanding of technique and proper step/ sequence to swimming. Understand the proper sequence of swimming will allows you to swim well with least effort and save energy. Swimming should be a pleasure sports to enjoy and should not be a torturing one. Let us impart you the right knowledge and skill to help you improve your stroke.
We are committed to imparting to you the best of our coaching skills and knowledge that you will get because we want you to be the best. Being able to swim well has always been one of our trade mark, especially if you have a fussy coach who is particular about little things that goes wrong.
Over the years, we have coached and imparted the learning experience to learners of all ages by a team of passionate and professional certified swim coach. We have make them enjoy swimming lessons and make learning effective with our creative methods of coaching.
We provide 2 types of swimming lessons namely Group Class Swimming Lessons and Private Class Swimming Lessons. Can’t decide group or private class? Click here to find out.
Why should anyone learn swimming?
There are many reasons why you should learn to swim. Our world contained 70% water and only 30% useful land. Chances of you encounter with water is rather high. With the flash flood happening in recents years in Singapore, learning to swim could save your life in the event of such emergency. And when you are able to swim, you can help save lives.
Learning to swim can reduce the risk of drowning, among the children and the adults. Swimming is lots of fun for people of all ages and children especially love getting in the water and enjoying themselves. But it is not just fun, swimming also provides loads of health benefits which can help to keep your children healthy and happy at the same time:
- Swimming keeps your child’s heart and lungs healthy, improves strength and flexibility, increases stamina and even improves balance and posture
Another great thing about swimming is that children of any age or ability can take part and it is more accessible for children with additional needs than almost any other sport.
- Swimming provides challenges and rewards accomplishments, which helps children to become self-confident and believe in their abilities
- Your child will have plenty of opportunities to make friends and grow in confidence
But health, fun, and confidence are not the only reasons why your child should learn to swim. Learning to swim also opens up the door to a range of other activities.
When you can swim, you can do a few sports
- Scuba diving
- Dragon Boating
- Board Surfing
Learning to swim is a life skill that once learnt, you will remember it for life. There is no age limit to learning to swim and it is never too old to learn swimming. Swimming has alot of health benefits. There are even swimming events for people over 100, and a few Masters swimmers who are still swimming past this age.
About Swimming Certificate in Singapore
Swimming Certificate in Singapore has come a long way since 1979. Those days, the swim lessons issue the certificate that came in a form of hard copy, the name was typed manually using typewriter and the signature is pen-written manually on every pieces. It was a tedious affair. During that time, there were no computer or printing technology like what we seen today. Any child that are keen to do swimming lesson, would have to go to the swimming complex on their own. After finishe swimming lesson, they will go straight to school in the afternoon session and endure till the school release them in the evening. Such weekly swimming lessons was not an easy affair those days considering the transportation we had to make to pool, to school, lunch, etc. Above is the sample of the swimming certificate the owner got during his heyday. You can read more about the history of swimming certification here.
Is it necessary to have a Swimsafer Certificate?
While it is not mandatory to have a swimsafer certificate, however it can be use when there is a good opportunity arises such as the school has some aquatic sports event or courses that require minimum bronze and above, so you can apply with the certificate that you got. So having a certificate is a plus. In summary, if you are below 18 year of age, having a swimsafer certificate will be fruitful for you. The earlier you get, the better. If you are above 18 year of age, and still have an interest in swimming, you can do the adult swimming class.
4 Ways to Obtain Swimsafer Certificate
- #1- Enrol with any Swim School with NROC Certified Coaches for weekly swim lessons.
- #2- Join any NROC accredited Holiday Swimming Program (Coming your way in Oct to Dec)
- #3- Enrol in your MOE School Swimming Program (Usually primary 3 or 4) – Covid-19- MOE Swim Class Cancelled.
- #4- Enrol in our Swimsafer Test (Open to Public) every quarterly. Visit the page here.
Do you conduct Swim Trial Lesson at Condominium Pool?
Yes we do. If you have a pool in your condominium and your management allow coaching in your area, we strongly recommend you to engage us for swimming lesson. We provide swimming lessons island wide. You can register your interest here.
Kid Rescue Duckie During Swim Lesson
A 5 year old preparing for Swimsafer Stage 3
History of Swimming
Swimming is one of the oldest sports in the world. The interest part about swimming is that it has evolved so much from our grandfather time until today, with the record time getting faster and faster each year. The swim form, the stroke technqiue have change and might even change again in the future, with perhaps the dolphin kick replacing the flutterkick in the freestyle event, whichever is faster.
Our Goals & Commitment
Our goal is to provide swim lessons that are fun, safe and enjoyable swim lesson. More importantly, we want our students to progress faster too.
During the MOE swimsafer programme of 10 sessions for stage 1 and 2, the passing rate was nearly 100%. The kids were 9 to 10 years of age at the time of swim lessons.
We provide swim lessons for all ages in public pools and condominium pools. Our Coach will be more willing to provide you the knowledge at your preferred choice of location anywhere in Singapore. We have a few types of swimming program to suit your need.
We are commited to impart to you the best of our coaching skills and knowledge that you will get because we want you to be the best during your swim lessons.
Here are some of our work. Enjoy the video. Remember… A Happy Kid is a Confident Kid. 🙂 One that eagerly looking forward to weekly swim lessons.
About AQZOG Founder
AQZOG was founded by Raymond Tan. A keen triathlete and been doing races during the early days. He wanted to impart his skills and knowledge to the students as he was interested to share. In 2018, he conducted a sharing sessions among the local coaches on butterfly technique and helped them understand and execute the stroke in the most effective way. Coach Raymond is currently a NROC Level 3- Swimming Coach in Singapore. He is also a certified Swimsafer and Assessor. His stroke specialty are Breaststroke and Fly.
Coach Raymond underwent training and attended clinic hosted by Bill Sweetenham (Olympic Coach)_, Josezf Nagy (Invented Wave style Breaststroke) , Vern Gambetta (Strength Conditioning for Swimming) and Stephan Widmer (SSA Head Coach).
Benefits of Swimming
Few Reasons to Join AQZOG
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Level 3
- Certified Swimsafer Coach
- Qualified Swimsafer Assessor
- AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence™
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics™ (INF)
- Member of Singapore Swimming Teacher Association
Water Safety is Our First Priority
- Water Safety First
- Learn Swimming Fun & in Safe Environment
- Provide them the Most Safest Learning Experience without fear of drowning.
- Understand the Importance of Water Safety
- Guide them the best practice on Water Safety
- Awareness on Unsafe Act in Swimming activities.
Most Updated Coaching Syllabus
Achieve Fast Results
What to bring for Swim Lessons?
- Swimming Goggle: Having a proper swimming goggle for lessons is important for every swimming lessons. If the goggle is leaking, your child will not be able to focus well, especially if he is a new learner. He will spend time adjusting his goggle during the lesson and he cannot focus or pay attention in class. Therefore, he will not be able to concentrate well during the swim lessons.
- Swimming Kicking Board: Nowadays, kicking board come in all shapes and sizes. A normal shape kickboard will be sufficient enough but do not buy those weird shape kick board that are difficult to hold.
- Swm suit attire: Do wear a fitting swimming trunk or swim suit. Do not wear normal shorts as they could cause drag in the water and making it harder for a beginner to propel forward during the swimming lesson.
- Swimming Cap: Our high quality silicon swimming cap are meant to protect your hair from the chlorinated pool and to avoid having water soak up on your hair so that it is easier for you to breathe. Wearing a swimming cap help you to swim easily too. So make sure you wear it everytime when you go for lesson.
- Dry Towel: Always bring a dry towel to dry yourself up after the swimming lessons
- A bottle of Warm Water: It is always a good idea to bring some warm water to drink after your lessons or when you are feeling cold in the pool, a slip of warm water work wonder.
- Some fruits or snacks: Children always get hungry after the lessons. So it is better to provide them some snacks or fruits after the swimming lessons.
Our Coaching Locations
Swim Lessons at Condominium/ Club
- Tessarina Condominium
- Hillion Condominium
- Queens Condominium
- Signature Park Condominium
- Skyline Condominium
- Cashew Height Condominium
- Jade Condominium
- Nexus Condominium
- Flordian Condominium
- The Trevose Condomimium
- Bloosom Vale Condominium
- Sentosa Cove
- Hewlett Packard Clubhouse
Swim Lessons at Public Swimming Pool
- Clementi Swimming Complex (Slots availability: Tuesday 3pm, 3:45pm, Sunday 1:30pm)
- Bukit Batok Swimming Complex (Slot Availability: Thursday 3pm, 5pm)
- Queenstown Swimming Complex (Full)
- Jurong West Swimming Complex (Full)
Swimming Technique is Important
Learning behaviour & skill progression
At AQZOG, we reinforce Good Practices for your child to help them cultivate good swimming habits & technique in the long run. You do not need to be a competitive swimmer to swim well when you have good swimming habit and posture.
Adaptation take place when a body is trying to learn a new skill involving muscle memory during the swim lessons.
Repetitions take place during the overloading process and the muscles memory soon remember them.
Over time, the gradual progression is seen as a form of automated movement with precise & fast, skilful movement.
The cycle repeat and goes back to adapation phase when a new skills is taught.